30 May 2019

Layoffs At Remington

For two months Remington will layoff 500 workers in New York and 200 in Alabama.

Gee, I wonder why.

I've lost count of the number of times I've heard of someone interested in buying a .30-30 being told to check the barrel markings to make sure it was made by Marlin before the Remington take-over.

I've lost count of the number of times I've heard of someone interested in buying a Model 870 and being told to avoid the affordable model or buy a used one from before X date.

I've lost count of the number of times I've heard someone say to avoid the lower priced Remington bolt guns and even seen a Savage Axis recommended over anything Remington is making today.

How's that R51 coming along?  Did it get fixed?  It sure didn't help the bottom line to refund or replace the entire production run.  Still having some issues from a search I just did.

How's the RP9 doing in a saturated market for polymer striker fired guns?  MSRP of $418 and guns for sale for $330?  That ain't good, especially since Brownell's is not known to be a low-price leader for gun sales.

They're probably still reeling from the Remington 700 trigger debacle.

The big problem for Remington, to me, seems that they don't make anything you can't get from someone else who isn't plagued by QC complaints.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.