06 May 2019

German Guns

I got a call from one of the local pawn shops...

They needed help ID'ing a Mauser 1910/1914/1934 and checking out a 1913 DWM Luger.

Kinda cool that they asked for my expertise on these old things.

The Luger turns out to be all matching and unrefinished.  Dinged up a bit and chock full of old grease.  The magazine is the only part that didn't match, but it was a wooden base model.

The Mauser is in typical shape.

They wanted to know if they were offering too much or too little for them.

They're on a 30 day pawn-hold now.

9 comments:

  1. Sucker.....

    You lucky sucker....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm not buying them. Lugers have been too rich for my blood for a very long time.

      Delete
    2. I used to have one and found that it wasn't too reliable---the 9mm ammo I could get wasn't quite what it was designed for, and Lugers are awfully fussy.

      Delete
    3. Didn't you have a Stoeger? They're not known to be particularly tolerant of ammo.

      Willard's mismatched DWM 4" Luger has eaten everything we've stuffed into it.

      Delete
  2. What kind of Mauser? Rifle, Broomhandle or something else?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is that Mauser valued at? That is one item I don't yet have in my WWII arms selection and might be tempted if you or Willard pass on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What the heck, same goes for the Luger...........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that $1,500 will take the Luger. They put down $100 for the Mauser. It's hard to put a value on a 1910/14 or 1934 because there's just not many out there for sale; but I expect around $300-400 because it's in decent shape.

      Delete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.