01 May 2019

Space Considerations

The plate carrier/chest rig I have in my mind is a replacement for good old fashioned web gear.

It needs to carry (at least)
6 AR magazines.
2 pistol magazines.
1 canteen.
1 pistol holster.
1 bayonet.

Preferably in a color that goes with the tan/coyote of the tactical purse/grab bag.

It's got to fit my tubby ass.

I imagine that if I got one with plates and walked around in it a bit I'd either lose weight or finally push my arthritic joints past the fail points and be walking around in a walker from now on...

It's amusing to me that I don't really intend to use it.

It's a prop for some fantasy photos.

But I want to be able to use it.

If I went with a plate carrier rather than just a chest rig, I'm going to have to have a plate that stops bullets too.  For some pictures.  Hidden inside the carrier, the war rated plate will be for pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.