28 May 2019

THIS Is What I'm Looking For In A CAR Magazine

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a27568778/alabama-anti-choice-politicians-automakers/?src=socialflowFBRAT&fbclid=IwAR2E3Wvp6OtdBzEdBBPHm0ModW-mtst-dEntP2TDXl8IWaTur38v1vEiOGc

I dunno about you, but when I crack open a specialty publication I cherish the content which has nothing to do with the specialty topic.

When I buy a gun rag, I want guns.

When I buy a car mag, I want cars.

When I buy a cooking magazine, I want food.

When I pick up an issue of Faberge Egg Collector, it'd better be about Faberge Egg collecting!

If there's political content, it'd better be about how it relates to the stated topic of the publication.

Car companies being liberal in one location and conservative or neutral in others?  No.  Out of bounds.

3 comments:

  1. Didn't realize that R&T's base readers were Godless Communist murderers. Never saw a single review of a Trabant or Gaz when I was reading it.

    They just "Dixie Chicked" themselves, didn't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Angus;

    They kinda shot themselves in the foot, when they see the need to "Virtue signal" it will affect their bottom line. People who like cars tend to be conservative or middle of the road. Lefties hate cars because of smog and shit, ya know....I read car magazines or other "interest" magazines I don't want the Authors bias being waved in front of me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't point to specific articles (well, I could if I bothered to look them up again), but I've been noticing a trend of the younger writers of non-specialty car mags. One article talked about how they were disappointed that the electric cars were following the same styling as the dying combustion engine powered cars. Another I read was extolling how wonderful the electric cars were and why any manufacturer would bother continuing to make dying combustion engine cars (different mags, different writers, but same common theme). Almost like the liberal journalists making their way into the car mags because they can't find work anywhere else.

    I also noticed that instead of each magazine having it's own corral of car comparisons, there seems to be a single collection of cars and several of the magazines are offering there own results/review of that single collection each month. I have not bothered looking, mostly because I'm afraid my suspicions will be found true, but I think some of the magazines have been swallowed by the same parent company and there might be a liberal leaning in said parent company.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.