30 April 2019

Still Overcomplicated

Today the display for the climate control didn't come on in The Precious.

The AC came on and the knob changed the temperature, but no display.

While playing with the knob, the display came back on.

I bought this thing from ebay last May to fix a problem that turned out to be in the Body Control Module; so the take-out unit from then is likely still good.

I just wish I didn't have to worry about it.

The no computer involved at all climate control in The Biscayne, with the exception of a dead AC compressor, works just fine.  Slide the temp lever and a cable moves the blend door.  Slide the other selector and a cable moves a door that pushes air out the selected vent.

I yearn for this simplicity in the Vette.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.