25 April 2019

Pain

While the doc was moving my legs for the initial range of motion tests before agreeing I needed a consult I discovered something about me and pain.

I can tolerate rather a lot when I'm expecting it.  Ankles and knees, I knew this was gonna hurt and I just braced, gritted my teeth and winced.

When it came time to move my hips around, with the left hip I was trying to crawl away from the angle she had my leg at!  The amount of pain was surprising because she was moving my leg past where I can move it with my leg muscles.

Unexpected pain is worse!

2 comments:

  1. So are they finally doing the complete assessment that should have been done back in the day, or is your new doctor's nickname "Mistress Belladonna" or something like that?

    Good luck with the whole VA pain thingy. Some twit from NewYorkCity says there's nothing wrong with the VA...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's wrong with the VA depends a great deal on where you are.

      Delete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.