14 April 2019

It Is Done

The Precious is repaired.

It cost a lot more than I wanted because I had to buy the genuine GM upper and lower radiator hoses because the Dayco brand ones from AutoZone just don't fit.

That's because I have the RPO: KPS extra cooling.  The radiator is different from the base Corvette, so needs special hoses.

Apparently there aren't enough Z51's out there for the aftermarket to make hoses for them.

I prolly could have gotten them $40 cheaper if I was willing to wait yet more days, but...

The AC held pressure and is blowing cold air.  We think we got the pressures right, but we'll have to wait for a good cold day to be sure.

Having The Biscayne up at the same time makes this such a winning week despite all the angst.

I also managed to get the oil changed in The Nox for Harvey too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.