18 October 2019

Doing It Wrong?

Melling lifter set - $125.12
Ultra-Power engine gasket set - $102.79
8x Spark plugs - $17.20
Spark plug wires - $33.79
ARP head bolt kit - $131.46

Grand total $410.36.

This, of course, skips doing the heads and valves while I have them off the car.

I suspect that the $600 would be the same since Joe farms this work out.

Springs are $44.48
Valve stem seals are $50.88 They're included in the engine gasket set.

That brings the DIY to $1,105.72.  $1,054.84

Harvey will not be pleased to have to spend more, but I have a hard estimate in hand to show her what listening to me cuss saves.

I think, though, that the $410.36 plus s/h is what I'd do.

One can take prophylactic repair too far.

2 comments:

  1. The gasket kit doesn't come with valve seals?
    Try a NAPA head gasket kit. The ones I have bought in the past came with them.
    Everything to pull the top of the engine off and reseal it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking hard at the picture, it appears that the set DOES come with the valve seals.

      Delete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.