12 October 2019

Fascinating Read

I'm not sure how to summarize it, so just go to the link.

This guy appears to have gotten a "go forth and sin no more" plea deal because a judge ruled that ATF designating the lower receiver of an AR as the serialized part is not in compliance with ATF's own regulations concerning what constitutes a receiver; and that they want this ruling buried because of its implications on future enforcement efforts.

I think I got that right.

I think the judge is correct.  The upper is the serialized part on most other rifles with split receivers.

3 comments:

  1. That is a good read. Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that interesting. Thanks for the lead! I had not seen that one.

    It appears less like a "go and sin no more" as a "go ahead, you're not sinning." It also shows that anyone charged with manufacturing a gun by completing an 80% lower for a friend should be able to say that those can't legally be considered receivers according to this legal precedent - and you know how much they love precedent.

    I can understand Roh's desire to get out of the business and get into something else, considering the hassle and expense he has gone through, but it sure does shake up the whole "build it yourself at home" world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always wondered about that. I thought the ATF was wrong, but what do I know? I'm just an ignorant peasant compared to those lordly beings at the BATFE.

    Interesting to see how this will play out in the future. And in places like NY.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.