12 October 2019

Feeling A Little Better

I occurred to me this morning that even though I failed to track down and eliminate the gas smell from The Shitbox Precious, what I attempted was the most difficult job on a sixth generation Corvette when you're laying on your back with the car suspended from jack-stands.

After speaking with more than one mechanic about this, they all congratulated me for dropping and reinstalling the tank three times.  "These things happen," was a common refrain followed by, "I don't think I would have attempted it without a lift."

When I mentioned that the first two attempts were with the torque-tube, trans and rear cradle out of the car...

They applauded my thinking about it being easier to get at the cross-over with those out of the way and mentioned that a clutch swap was close to being the second hardest job just from the sheer number of things to keep track of.

The fuel system on these things have too many places where luck is the deciding factor of success rather than skill or planning.  That's bad engineering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.