16 June 2020

Alive To Tell The Tale

Here's something that a lot of people cannot say:

"I have been arrested and spent a night in jail."

The reason that this is important is this is also the amount of time that someone who's getting a DUI will spend in jail.

How is it that I am alive and Rayshard Brooks is dead?

When the cops told me I was under arrest I complied.

I didn't try to prevent them from cuffing me.

I didn't try to run.

I didn't snatch a weapon from one of the arresting officers.

The most resistance I offered was a request to sit down and have a moment to process what was happening.

If you think that the reason I wasn't shot has something to do with race, I'm afraid you might have diminished mental facilities.

Mr Brooks resisted being cuffed.

Mr Brooks ran.

Mr Brooks snatched a weapon from the officer who ultimately fired on him and killed him.

Chris Rock talked about this.

3 comments:

  1. I've shared that very same video many times, and am of the opinion that it should be required annual viewing in every urban school K-12.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. Nearly every person who ends up shot or beat up by police is preceded with the perpetrator attacking the officers. That is proven fact.

    If you are doing illegal activities or carrying illegal materials and you are caught by the police, you are going to get a free ride downtown. In handcuffs, in the back of the car. You are an adult and should be aware that is a consequence of those activities - calm down, shut up until you receive legal counsel. And if the police get a little rough, remember the badge number and let your lawyer handle it.

    jrg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, Mr.Ray brought a taser to a gunfight, and then missed.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.