09 June 2020

But You Weren't There

I'm reading a thread on arfcom where people are speculating why the M9 was disliked by people who were issued an M1911A1.

Then being told that the reasons I disliked it were wrong, and that I disliked it for other reasons.

Um.

When we were issued the M9, we were thrilled!  The M1911A1's we had were shot out and difficult to qualify with.  New guns meant we could get our 'expert' badges back.

And we did.

I shot it well enough to qualify expert, but it never felt right in my hand.  That's gotten better over the years, but at the time...

What we really disliked about them was the bastardized UM-84 shoulder holster set-up.  If you could snag it on something, it would snag on something in the turret.

But that was hardly the gun's fault.  I don't think Bianchi was told that their M13 rig would be worn over a PASGT vest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.