25 June 2020

Old Versus New

Cimarron's own web page and pictures tell the story better than I can about the differences between the 1873 to 1895 production and the 1896 to 1940 (so called "pre-war") Peacemakers.


Ignore what they say about the grips.  That's their own model distinction, Colt sold a wide variety of grips in various materials.

I notice that nobody offers a gutta percha grip (or reasonable facsimile) in any of their catalogs.  I'm led to believe that such grips were quite common, especially on reworked Army guns.

Smooth walnut is period correct and I like it just fine.  Cimarron is a bit too shiny, I wonder if they lacquered them rather than just oil rubbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.