10 June 2020

Silly Reasons

My single-action army clone is a fine revolver.

The problem is, it's got a 4-5/8" barrel.

Not quite the same as the 4-3/4" civilian model, but very common (perhaps most common nowadays) nonetheless.

What I "need" is a 5-1/2" artillery model to go with the Krag and the saber.

Cimarron imports a nice example from Uberti for a reasonable fare.

Happily, my slut of a holster takes up to six-inches.

I could change gears entirely and try to find an M1892, M1894 or M1889 .38 Long Colt New Army and Navy...

Those are not near so common...  Nobody makes a clone of such an unromantic revolver, despite Teddy Roosevelt his-own-self packing one up Kettle Hill!

Besides, I'd need a different holster.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.