16 June 2020

No It's Not Trump's Fault

No, I don't know who voted for or against granting cert for the recently dumped 2nd amendment cases.

Neither do you.

The court doesn't publish this information.

By asking if I knew the votes when I supposed that it was decades of RINO appointments rather than it being Trumps fault... it implied that you knew better but you didn't provide any additional information.

It takes four to grant cert.

Trump has appointed two justices.  Not enough to grant cert even if he was staunchly pro-second.

Obama has two.

W has two.

Clinton has three.

Bush has the one, and only Thomas.

W was a RINO, as was his dad.  That Thomas isn't a RINO is a fluke.

It seems likely that we have two situations for the failure to get cert on 2nd amendment cases and neither involves the current sitting president.

There just aren't four votes to get cert.  Thomas and the two Trump appointees don't add up to four (assuming they voted this way).  With RBG refusing to die what more can Trump do to change this?

There are four votes for the second amendment, but that's it and by not voting to grant cert they avoid a 5-4 defeat.

One good thing has come of this.

It reminded me how much happier I was without a Facebook account.

4 comments:

  1. I know,, Im not a TRained Lawyer,, and maybe Im not the smartest guy around,, but Im not confused as to the meaning of
    Shall Not Be Infringed..
    Seems pretty simple to me,,but I Am Justin O Guy,, and what do I know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU KNOW NOTHING!

      "Shall not be infringed," is clear and simple. The whole Constitution was written in plain language so that anyone could comprehend it.

      The problem is we've created entire professions centered around making legal documents say things they clearly do not and keeping them from saying what they clearly do...

      They have applied this to the Constitution.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Someone else reading might not have, so I repeat it often.

      Delete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.