18 August 2026

Peele Was Right

The police are expending a lot of resources to figure out who's cutting their little cameras down.

And I say they are their cameras because Flock doesn't install them where there's nobody paying them.

The thing the cops need to recall is something Sir Robert Peele said:

"To recognise always that the power of the police to fulfill their functions and duties is dependent on public approval of their existence, actions and behaviour, and on their ability to secure and maintain public respect."

That sentence is almost 200 years old.

It's still true.

The cops wasting resources finding the people who are cutting these cameras down is undermining public approval of their existence at a time when half the body politic has been clamoring for their elimination.

Good show!

Getting back to Peelian Principles would go a long way towards mending the rift between the police and the citizens who've delegated their powers to them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.