In 1981 we developed another nuke round for the 8" howitzer.
It's something interesting.
The W79 is a radiation enhanced warhead.
Normally the burn ex rad sur damage is 65% of the cr ex damage in GURPS.
The W79 Mod 0's low yield mode gets the same burn ex rad sur damage as the full yield mode!
So the XM753 with W79 Mod 0 is a rocket assisted round that does 6dx25(0.5) pi++ linked 6dx283 cr ex linked 6dx1928 burn ex rad sur in low yield configuration.
It does 6dx25(0.5) pi++ linked 6dx2966 cr ex linked 6dx1928 burn ex rad sur in high yield configuration.
The W79 Mod 1 only has a single mode and does 6dx35(0.5) pi++ linked 6dx2530 cr ex linked 6dx1645 burn ex rad sur. (I love how it lists a damage for the projectile before the explosion, though they're all air-burst capable).
GURPS range is -/24,600. That's about 14 miles. <- Fixed!
GURPS range is -/24,600. That's about 19.7 miles. That's safe, right?
14 is a bit short of the 19 Wikipedia lists. I could be that's because they gave the velocity for a Zone 7 charge. Rocket assisted rounds usually use the heaviest launching charge, so... Using the velocity for a Zone 9 charge I get about 18 miles, which is closer (and might even be correct as the exact ranges of these things are classified.)
UPDATE: I forgot that this round was never fired from the short barreled M110 and was always used with the M110A2.
With a Zone 8 charge it gets 2,770 fps. and will go to 34,650 yards which is 19.7 miles which is nearly spot-on-close-enough to the range listed in Wikipedia!
This GURPS! Now...
No comments:
Post a Comment
You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.
Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.
If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.
If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.