30 August 2026

Fun Little Details

On the cover of The Free City of Krakow is this little tidbit:

I think it says 105mm on the side there, and I don't think we ever made a nuke round for that gun.

Never mind that this is a really small box for even a 105mm howitzer round.


3 comments:

  1. Keeeping in mind that it is a game and not a documentry. That looks to be about the right size to hold a 105mm projectile without case and propellant. If so one begins to think of a really powerful, really nasty, IED.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While you're correct about that crate being able to hold a single 105 projectile...

      105 rounds ship two per crate.

      Even more ackshullally is that nukes never ship in wood. They get an oversized, positive pressure, inert gas case because the core is outside the projectile in the case. Check this link to a pic: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/22/W33_in_container_01.jpg?utm_source=en.wikipedia.org&utm_campaign=index&utm_content=thumbnail_unscaled

      Delete
    2. FCK procurement officer: "Really? Gosh boss, that guy behind the counter at the gunshop said they were all like that and it was a valuable collectors item........."

      Delete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.