05 August 2026

Revised

Got my pdf copy of GURPS 4e Revised, 4eR from now on, today.

The biggest change is the Basic Set is now a single volume.  This isn't too huge because there's several people who reformatted the two books into a single pdf a long time ago.

The big functional change is going from 3-columns to 2-columns.  I'm surprised at how much more readable some sections are.

The Combat Lite section has been replaced with Addendum 1 and the pages for the index from GURPS Basic Set: Characters have been given over to Addendum 2.

They're optional rules, and I think I like a couple of them.  Even if several characters will need reworked from it. 

Some of the new artwork is really meh.  Like throwback to OG AD&D meh.

I know there are changes to "make the game more accessible" to people looking to be offended at every turn by being "less offensive" for them.

These changes don't stand out to me because I'm not looking to be offended at every turn.  It ends up being mox nix and probably should have just been done without the fucking fanfare they applied to it.

It was the fucking fanfare that was pissing people off, not the changes.  People are sick of virtue signalling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.