It's procrastination, once again
Stalling fixin' my AC.......
I have done the research. Bought some parts.
Hit a roadblock.
Backed up.
Did more research.
Solicited shops to do the work for me at an eye watering rate...
Resigned myself to paying that rate.
Get all six shops I asked about it to turn down the job because THEY don't want to take the windshield out either.
Looks like I'm going the route I was trying to avoid and shortening the bolts so they clear the brace without pulling the windshield. The reasoning to avoid cutting those bolts sounds specious to me anyways. Besides I think I even have a way to mitigate it by going with all-thread rod and nuts of a grade higher than the piece coming out.
So I've bought a different batch of parts that should simplify the project considerably. Only four were available in the entire US parts system. It's now three.
I'm going to use the parts I already bought to refurbish the AC box I'm taking out and put it on Facebook market place for $200.
No comments:
Post a Comment
You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.
Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.
If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.
If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.