27 August 2026

We Got Lucky I Think

As I tear into all these cannon and howitzer stats and make GURPS stats for tanks; I realize how near a thing WW3 might have been if it had started before 1988.

Our tank armor wasn't really sufficient for the guns the Soviets were going to be using against us.

Our guns weren't sufficient for the armor the Soviets were fielding.

One advantage we started accumulating was the ability to fight at night.  The Soviets lagged on that.

Our fire control stuff was far better, but that doesn't matter if you can't penetrate.

We could also shoot on the move better, but again, it doesn't matter if you can't penetrate.

We'd be in a similar situation as in WW2 when our best gun wasn't punching the front armor of the enemy, and we'd have to get around to the sides and rear.  Without being able to rely on the enemy's best tanks breaking down every ten meters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.