26 October 2020

The Elves Are Not Seamless

I have an app on my phone that lets it communicate with my Canon M50 and do lots of neat things.

But the Magic Elf Box is clunky when it comes to transferring the images off the camera to the phone.

They download to... a folder.  Not to a folder I specify, but to where the app thinks they should go.

Now I have to dig around with the file manager looking around for images so I can stab the "share" button and post them to Flickr for your viewing pleasure here.
 
Ironically, it's easier to pull the card and stuff it in a computer to share the files.

2 comments:

  1. Same thing with my Nikon D5600 and the Nikon SnapBridge app.It uses a combination of bluetooth and wi-fi to control the camera and download photos. I mostly do like you and pull the SD card and stick it in my PC to transfer large numbers of vacation type photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to pull the card and copy them to the drive, but I use the Canon app (on my desktop PC) just about all the time now. Since I've gone through several cameras that name pictures something like IMG-1234, I can have the Canon EOS Utility app name them CIMG instead of IMG. Now I don't get that message that the file already exists. With the app, I can pick the folder or let it create one.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.