10 October 2020

Day Of The Solicitors

For some reason, every hour yesterday was a knock on the door and someone looking right at the "No Solicitors" sign on my door asking if I wanted to buy something.

I started polite, but got more exasperated as the day progressed and the interruptions continued.

Last one got, "I can see from you writing in your clipboard that you can fucking read.  WHAT DOES THIS SIGN SAY?"

The one around noon kind of gave me the creeps.

He rang the doorbell and when I looked out the peep he was far to my right, nearly out of sight.  I didn't respond to him ringing again and he had a funny gait walking away.  Not sure how to describe it.  Like he'd talked himself up to doing something that wasn't going to happen and now he had to work it off.

But that could just be someone who's not good with talking to strangers doing a door-to-door sales gig.

Hiding around the corner when you knock is a good way to get shot in the Gunshine State.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.