12 December 2020

Lost In The Void

I ordered a couple of 10-round magazines for my 45C on 01DEC20.

AIM printed a label on 03DEC30, but didn't bother giving it to USPS until 07DEC20.

From there, they got to Cincinnati, with an expected delivery on 11DEC20, and they stopped reporting.

"In transit, on time," until they were late, and now "In transit, arriving late."

No indication that they ever left Cincinnati.

This is pretty routine for shipping around the holidays.

I am bemused at USPS.

I am fucking furious about AIM dicking around for days and not heading to the post office.

2 comments:

  1. I've experienced the same sort of thing, and have a theory as to why it happens. Many med-Lg retailers have "enterprise" software that does a lot of their records, scheduling, documentation without anyone having to touch a keyboard. I've noticed when this kind of delay happens the shipping label gets printed (and I get that "it's on its way" notice) the same day I order it; too soon. The enterprise software takes the order and automatically prints other their internal "Pack this stuff" paperwork and the shipping label for it. The USPS enterprise system "see" the label generation, and sends the (bogus) "it's on its way" notice. ....just my own conjecture for similar experiences.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That, at least, is an explanation.

      I can accept that they have their postage automatically generated, but four days from its generation to actually putting the package on the shipping dock?

      The software is smart enough to have a "don't send the shipped email until the tracking number starts moving."

      Delete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.