08 December 2020

MYOB

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Often attributed to Edmund Burke.

I will not stand by, doing nothing, while evil is being done when it's within my power to hinder it, even slightly.

911 is the least I can do.

The irony is, if it is found to be a forcible felony (domestic abuse is) then shooting his ass dead would be perfectly legal in Florida.

A difficult legal slog in court, but the black letter law appears clear.

This is strongly related to "the good guys don't hide" which is why I am having these chats with y'all.

To do nothing when you can stop evil with almost no effort, is a form of cowardice if you ask me.

I'm not a coward, I've been tested.
I know that I passed.
Look at the tested, and think there but for the grace go Ye.
Not a coward, I went and found out.

Knock on wood.

1 comment:

  1. Well... dialing 911 and being ready to shoot his ass if he looks to be doing gross bodily injury is the tack I would take, if I were sailing those waters.

    It's a very thin line between helping someone and "interfering". And you may get roasted by either part of the disagreement. Damned if you do & damned if you don't sort of thing.

    At least it wasn't another Kitty Genovese.

    I find it amusing that commenting on blogspot blogs is easier using Firefox then when using Google's browser.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.