13 February 2022

.45 ACP Spread

 

An array of pistols in .45 ACP roughly in reverse chronological order.

Left to Right:

S&W M&P 45C: 2.2 lb.; 10 shots.  Can be 2 lb.; 8 shots.  Striker fired, thumb safety.  The only ambidextrous choice on the bench.

CZ 97B: 3 lb.; 10 shots.  Hammer fired DA/SA, thumb safety.

Glock 21 Gen 2: 2.4 lb.; 13 shots.  Striker fired, no manual safety.

SIG P220: 2.3 lb.; 8 shots.  Hammer fired, decocker DA/SA.

Ithaca/Remington Rand M1911A1: 2.8 lb.; 7 shots.  Hammer fired, thumb safety, grip safety.

I'm going to try and dig deeper with more photos later.

Minor Update: The S&W and 1911 fit my hand best, followed by the SIG then the Glock then the CZ.  The CZ almost beats the Glock, but the back strap of the CZ has a place that I can tell, just handling it, will be sore after a day at the range.

The one place the Glock shines is that wide as grip spreads the recoil over a much wider area.

1 comment:

  1. Nice collection. Currently my only .45's are a M&P Shield and a Sig 320. The Shield is an extremely nice shooter considering its size. I've had less trigger time on the 320. It's a full sized variant and seems promising so far.

    Been shooting stuff more affordable than .45 this last year, mostly.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.