15 February 2022

History Of My Name

Angus McThag is not my real name (DUH).

It's my nom-de-blog.

I've been Thag for years and years.  It's my oldest nickname.

Dad was Og and mom was Shad.  This was after the characters in some play or movie my parents saw very near when I was born.

The Angus Mc part comes MUCH later when my SCA persona was Angus MacTavish.

Lots of people knew me as Thag and in the SCA so soon I was McThag.

Hardly ever was I Angus McThag, but I felt silly going by a mononym like a vapid celebrity.

I'm a vapid blogger and we have TWO names!

However, I am McThag and it seems strange for people to call me Angus.

So if you're going to call me familiar, call me McThag.

Kthanx!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.