06 February 2022

I Hate To Waste Planning

The initial research into working on a '47 Fleetline led to some interesting ideas.

The donor Trailblazer's rear end is on a cradle, so you could swap in the entire rear suspension and get a modern independent rear with discs with little to no bother.

That got me to wondering...

The front is on a cradle too.

Probably damaged from the crash that led the engine being available, but...

If one were to swap in the front suspension too, one will have all four wheel sensors for the anti-lock brakes, traction control and active handling.  You'd just have to figure out the brake position sensor, steering wheel sensor and placement of the yaw sensor to have that safety feature fully enabled.

Not really as hard as it seems.

Safety, Dear?  It'll be safe as houses!  Especially once we put in a hoop for the shoulder belts to attach to.

The cabin height is similar to that in an Equinox, so swapping those seats in would also net us the rear 3-point belts; with a bonus for being comfortable and durable.

It's nice to have options!

Truth be told, I have more lust for the '45-48 Chevies than the early '60's cars.  But they are a lot more work.

Notice that I started with swapping the entire suspension before I even mentioned engine and transmission swaps?

The '47 project would need more space that I have.  I need a stall to work in, a stall to store the parts from the '47 not being worked on and a stall for the Trailblazer hulk while I strip it.

I have a wide 1-car garage.

Oh, and the '47 will definitely need everyday life-support things like air conditioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.