01 February 2022

Mating

While considering the Atlas LL8 inline-6 I am confronted with its very limited transmission choices.

The Atlas series has its own trans bolt pattern.

That limits one to using the transmissions that came with the motors unless you can find an adapter plate, and I'm still early enough into looking into it that I dunno if people have.

It's one heck of an improvement over the old 216 L6.

I covered more power already, but it's also 150 lb. lighter.

Go go aluminum!

The trans I'd want to use is the 6L50.

1 comment:

  1. It's become reasonable to make your own adapter plate if you have access to CAD/CAM software and someone with a water jet cutter. That's how Edd China built a custom bell housing for his electric ice cream van by stacking several water jet cut aluminum plates.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.