03 February 2022

Brief Exposure

At the accident scene, two things happened.

The impact was sufficient to unsnap the holster the Model 59 was in.

The durn thing fell out right at the feet of a paramedic asking me questions.

I retrieved it from the ground and said, "you didn't see that."  He, properly, replied, "see what?"

A bit later, when we all recognized I was going to be going to the ER and would need to leave the pistol for Marv to take home for me...

I looked at the deputy running the scene and asked, "I'm going to need to open carry for a bit to take off the holster, we cool?"

We were.

The only aggravating thing was the EMT from earlier "helpfully" taking the pistol out of the holster and clearing it.

Both the deputy and I said something to the effect, "administrative handling is where accidents happen!"

That same EMT shoved the round that he cleared into the magazine...  There were 18 in that mag when I got the gun back from Marv.  A 17-rounder.  I wonder if he damaged the spring.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, replace the spring just to be sure. At least the cop didn't confiscate the gun or anything stupid, and you were lucid enough to have a responsible exchange and handling experience.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.