21 February 2022

Whirlwind

The days have been consumed by locusts lately, leaving no time to do anything that shows up here.

Every day I feel a little better.

Every day I find something I'm still unable to do.

Every day there are fewer things I am unable to do.

I am taking this as a sign that I am actually healing correctly.

Still no decision on the car.

We'd arranged the garage carefully around The Precious and anything longer would be a serious problem now.

All of the cars I've been looking at are much longer.

A 2008 Corvette coupe is 175.6".

The '49 Styleline being shortest at 197".

A 1996 Caprice/Impala is 214.1".

The Caprice PPV is 204.2".

1 comment:

  1. Builder garages on recent houses (mine is now 20 years old) have similar issues. A full size crew cab pickup (not even long bed) BARELY fits in my garage and there is literally basically no room to get around either end of it, the side to the door into the house or the side to the garage doors to outside. More or less unusable for that. C3 and C4 Corvettes leave a little room on either end, but surprisingly little given they aren't really THAT big of cars. On most homes in anything resembling affordable neighborhoods this is the norm. If you want more than this in a garage you either have to have budget for a high end house or go custom, which means spendy. From what I've heard newer construction than mine is even worse. Even extended can trucks won't fit.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.