06 February 2022

'62 It Might Just Be

Found a '62 Biscayne that will certainly either not meet reserve or will bid up to far more than I have coming from USAA...

But, I feel lucky.

It'll need AC added without a doubt.

It'll want a modern fuel-injected-gets-good-mileage-makes-good-power-that's-easy-driveable engine like a Cadillac six-liter.

Then it'll want an overdrive transmixer to replace the Borg-Warner T-10.

Let us cross our eyes that this will be the car to replace The Precious in the garage and my heart.

PS: Seatbelts.  It will need seat belts.  Happily, a lap belt is an easy swap and shoulder isn't that much harder.  It feels a little odd to be thinking about doing stuff with a car that I actually know how to do already without consulting a service manual and looking up codes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.