23 February 2022

Found It!

When Willard started loaning guns for the .45 Comparison, Marv wondered about the "45 ACP revolver" Willard was known to have.

Willard indicated that he was "pretty sure" he knew where it was.

He was not even close!

I was moving things around in MY garage and noticed a gun rag where there shouldn't have been one.

When I grabbed it to move it to where such things are kept, I noticed it seemed a bit on the heavy side for an empty gun rag...

Shown in the picture above is the contents of that empty rag.

It's been here since we did the .45 Colt v .45 ACP comparison way back in... so long ago I can't remember the post let alone when!  We might not have even made the post.

At any rate it's been here and it's been safe.

What missing that hurts is an Astra 600/43 in 9x19mm WITH holster and spare magazine.

As you can see, it's been on my workbench as recently as July 3, 2017 and at the range on August 9, 2017.  After that, we lose track of it.  I think it got left with Willard's shooting gear in the back of the Endeavor.  I don't think I ended up with it here.

I will keep looking.  I didn't expect to find a S&W revolver here.


4 comments:

  1. Not one to harp on how others should run their lives, but this young man, is not good. How on earth do you leave such things just sitting about for idle and curious hands to find? Very dangerous. Need to up your gun-fu a tad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct. But I want to go on record as not being the person who deposited the gun where it was found. I only have limited, tangential, control of others.

      The Astra, despite the fervent hope it will reappear, was more than likely stolen from Willard. There's a list of likely suspects, but nothing good enough to make a confrontation or call in the cops.

      Delete
  2. Noted. Maybe your friend Willard needs a good spanking. I think there is an Astra somewhere in someones gun safe, tucked in a corner. They are easy to lose, being so nondescript and cheap looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's 10pm, do you know where your 10mms are?

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.