03 February 2022

Game Called Due To Injury

The retro carry experiment with the S&W 59 is over.

I'm not able to carry such a heavy load at least for a few weeks!

I have a five pound limit until cleared by the doc.  While the shoulder rig is slightly under, it puts stress right on the worst place.  I'm also forbidden to drive myself.

So, back to pocket carry for a while and it's likely that it will warm up to where I can't carry the shoulder rig in the meantime. 

However!

I declare the experiment a success.

The 59 toted just fine while I was able to tote it.  Just as well as a more modern pistol, in fact.

Truth be told, just as well as the less modern 1911 I first carried in a Miami Classic II.

I've not put myself in a situation where the differences in the guns would matter.


1 comment:

  1. Geez, now would be a perfect time for a chest rig if only we had open carry like Texas now does.

    Sucks that so many of our supposed pro-gun people have sold us all down the river for their little carveouts.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.