03 September 2019

I Think I Got It Easy

The pilot bearing that goes on an LS1 Camaro & Firebird, LS1 & LS6 Corvette, and LS1 & LS2 GTO looks like this:





The bearing that goes on every other LSx engine looks like this:

I can see why JT was fighting his tooth and nail.  The bearing puller was pulling on the bearing cage in the center and not on the outer race.

I think this is because the LS1 was designed with a bushing in mind and not a bearing.  The other LS type motors in GM's line-up don't often even have a manual option, so no pilot bearing/bushing is needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.