29 December 2019

In Keeping With Reducing My Online Footprint

I'm letting my paid membership at Arfcom expire when it comes up for renewal.

I realized that I'm got getting all that much enjoyment for my money.

I also realized that it's stupid to pay for a membership on a gun forum where I don't post about or read posts about guns anymore.

It's a gun-centric Facebook now and I hate Facebook.

This post kind of constitutes a public unfriending...

The straw that broke this camel's back was some fucking Useless Scumbag Mewling Cunt masturbating gunner stating un-categorically that because the standard for loading the main gun was longer than 3-4 seconds, no loader on an Abrams ever loaded that fast.

My personal experience as a loader contradicts him, and I said so.  I even stated that I wasn't able to keep that pace up for long; but the first couple of rounds were loaded very quickly.  I also challenged the master gunner gospel which breaks down every task to a standardized time; but forgets that the an engagement is scored by the performance of the crew as a whole rather than by task.

Ergo, as long as the loader is "UP!" before the gunner is ready to fire, it doesn't matter how long it took to load the gun because the CREW has a fixed time to engage a given target or targets.

Furthermore, those times are scoring metrics.  If, in real combat, you slow down to twice the allowed time; but take out all the bad-guys and don't get taken out in return:  You are a fail on the range and a success in combat.

Master Gunner turd polishing literally does not matter in the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.