11 December 2019

Connect The Red Wire To The Red Plug

Getting ready to get The Boy off to school this morning and I noticed that the display for the thermostat was blank.

Replacing the batteries did not restore function.

CRUD!

I don't want a super fancy smancy thermostat.  I don't need to run my house AC with my phone, or want someone else to be able to.

I did want something fancier than a simple slider switch.  I like to be able to read the temperature of the hallway.

To Lowe's!

My system is an easy 4-wire set-up and easy as pie to connect.

The panic comes from the display blinking "Cold On" and the AC compressor remaining silent.

"What did I do wrong?" I cry!

Turns out, nothing.

There's a built in five minute "compressor protection" mode.

This is not mentioned until the very last line of the instructions.

To me, this is something that should be mentioned with the "reconnect power and set thermostat" instruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.