23 December 2019

Home In-Law Improvement

JT and Marv came by yesterday and we installed new springs and a garage door opener at The In-Laws.

They went above and beyond the call of duty troubleshooting the door too.

Something interesting was there just a single model of opener that wasn't also controllable with a smart house or phone interface.

I don't need to control my door with my phone.

I don't trust that I will remain the only person with that capability.

While we were doing the door, we heard a hissing from the water pipes.

Sure enough, the main feed had started to spray at a 90˚ bend.

Marv came up today and we removed the leaky 90 and the square bend that was in the line for... reasons?  Expansion joint that you don't need in Florida like you would in Michigan?  We also can't figure out why the square section was 3/4" when the rest of the line was 1/2".

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.