04 December 2020

AP

I was watching Forgotten Weapons and Ian mentions that the development of the 40mm grenade launcher stemmed from looking to replace the bazooka for a lot of things.

While I thought that the reckless ryeteufel was the logical development of the bazooka and not the blooper...

It got me to looking for armor piercing ammo for 40x46mm.

The M433 High-Explosive Dual Purpose round will penetrate at least 2" of steel armor at 0° incidence.

That got me to look up the 40mm HEDP stats for GURPS in High Tech.

4d(10) cr ex.

1" of steel armor is DR 70 in GURPS, so 2" of armor is DR 140.

The average die rolls for 4d will give 14.  (10) divides the armor by ten.  So the average hit from 4d(10) exactly penetrates DR 140.

High tech mentions an improved HEDP round that penetrates approximately 3" and has 7d(10) cr ex damage.

Average die roll gives: 24.5.  That punches 210 DR with 3.5 making it through on average.

GURPS rates AP penetration on the average die rolls, not the max!

This is going to change a couple of stats in my T2K conversion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.