08 February 2021

I Even Double Checked

Tried to see if there was anything the rules lawyers had to say about the barrel length discrepancy at SJ Games forums.

I got informed that the P.08 had a 120mm (4.72") barrel.

It did not.

I looked it up.

The first issue Luger, in 7.65x21mm, the Swiss P.00 had a 120mm barrel.

The first German military Luger was the Navy P.04. It was in 9mm, but it has a 150mm (5.9") barrel.

The P.08 had a 100mm (3.94") barrel from day one.

It should not be confused with the LP.08 an its 200mm (7.87") barrel.

It often pays to have an extensive library.

The person correcting me is a big cheese on that forum who actually expressed that if there was a mistake in High Tech 4e, this would be the first he'd seen. Oh, lawdy... It's a game supplement that's got many small errors in the firearms section. In a game where π = 3.00 these small differences don't matter, but I want things to be consistent and predictable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.