19 February 2023

And Another Thing

I am not entirely happy with my 5.56 grouping from yesterday.

I am hoping that it's because I am not very experienced at shooting past 25 yards.

For years and years to shoot past that distance I needed to drive for hours.  Most of the time the limit at that range was the 50 yard line because of a shortage of RO's to keep an eye out for the people walking back from checking their targets.

Couple that with the range shutting down just about the time I'd be able to get there...

I stayed local and shot shorter.

I am endeavoring to persevere, though.

Some of it is not being able to see.

Some of it is not getting good and steady resting on my range bag.

Ammo might be an issue.  The gun might simply dislike what I'd brought.

I definitely need practice.

2 comments:

  1. i started playing IPSC/3gun/multigun just over ten years ago, hand loaded and shot over 100k rounds. immerse yourself in the action sports and you learn right away what works and doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What doesn't work: my shins, left hip...

      Oh, you meant the GUNS! GRIN

      Delete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.