27 February 2023

Vague

 

I was curious as to why the selector on Brenda was soft and vague, but the one on Olive was crisp and precise.

My first thought it was something about the selectors, but swapping them showed it was something else.

It's the detent.

The one on the left is from Olive and is the KE-Arms sourced one.  The one on the right is a standard detent from a Palmetto State Armory kit.

It's long been known that the spring pocket in the KP-15 is deeper than a normal AR lower and pistol grip.  The KE-Arms version makes up for that extra depth.

WHY the pocket is deeper... dunno why.

2 comments:

  1. On my first build, a long time ago in a state far away... I used a cheap LPK from Del-Ton. Turns out this was a mistake. The safety worked correctly at first, but after about a year there was no feeling of a detent keeping it on safe or fire. There was just a rough grinding feel from one end to the other. The tip of the detent pin wore down so far that it was round and smooth-ish. No more click on or off safe, no more staying where I put it either.

    Ben C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My very first AR, Kaylee, is still rocking the Del Ton LPK that came with the kit (that LPK and the lower are about the only things on her that are still as I first built her). Harvey's SBR is too. Both of FuzzyGeff's as well and I think one of Marv's.

      We've had good luck, but your mileage may vary.

      My worst LPK was an AR Stoner abomination when Midway first hatched the brand.

      Delete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.