24 February 2023

Benign Neglect

It's a bad plan, but I tend to not shoot the gun I carry all the time because I'm carrying it...

I need not have worried overmuch because it shoots just fine.

I put 100 rounds through the Sheild Plus today in "right out of pocket" condition.

Only three malfunctions.

Two failures to lock to the rear on the 10-round magazine.  One fail to go bang.

The fail to go bang is ammo, because there was a normal indentation in the primer.  A second try with that round went bang.

I am thinking that the failure to lock is a magazine problem because the 13-rounders work just fine.

This 10 rounder has done this off and on every time I get more than 50 rounds through her.

Not the worst kind of malfunction to have.

Groups with the Tula Maxx ammo was... Meh.

It shoots much tighter with Winchester White Box.  Worth the extra money, I says.

3 comments:

  1. When my 45 Shield was brand new, I had a couple of early instances of failing to fully go into battery using my reload target ammo. It never happened with commercial ammo, and hasn't happened since with my target ammo. I chalked it up to break in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i shoot my everyday carry in IDPA a few times a year. this helps me judge if i'm doing it right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.