22 November 2023

Because Pi Equals Three

Not-Weaponsman compares .222 Remington to .223 Remington.

I plugged the numbers into Douglas Cole's interior and terminal ballistics spreadsheet.

GURPS cannot tell the difference between them.

They're both 5d pi rounds with the same range stats.

GURPS gun stats can be a bit boring because of the granularity of the system.  Often the only significant difference between two rifles is the weight and if the Bulk stat has an asterisks from a folding stock.  Bulk doesn't come up that often, so go with the lighter gun.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. 5 x 5. If it makes you feel any better, I've been having trouble getting signed in to comment on other Blogger blogs too.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, Google is screwing something up. I've had better luck since I decided to not use any of my usual security enhancing browser extensions (in a virtual machine I use for nothing but Blogger blog commenting; I am not a moron), but I still have to reload after selecting Google Account from the Comment as: menu.

      Delete
  2. I've always wondered what a modernized 6mm cartridge (take the Lee-Henry Navy cartridge and stupid it up with modern propellants and modern bullet designs) would be like. Probably close to the 5.56.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a number of 6mm competition rounds worth looking at. .24 Nosler and the 6mm AR wildcat would be closest to 5.56 since both will work in an AR-15. Most other 6mm like .243 Winchester, 6mm Creedmoor, 6mm ARC, 6mm BR etc. are based off a .308 Winchester sized case. They shoot a heavier bullet than 5 55 and most handle a longer bullet with a higher BC for accuracy.

      Delete
    2. GURPS stats are prolly all identical.

      Delete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.