16 November 2023

Shadow Update

 

Shadow is settling in, but we had a bad day today.

She peed in my bed.

The issue appears to be the location of cat-pan #2.

It has been relocated and she's used it twice on her own since the relocation.

Beeper has been relentless in expressing to Shadow that she's unwelcome here.

This feeling is not shared by Bear.

Now, look at the grid she's sleeping on in the first picture and you get a sense of how big Bear is.

I think I introduced everyone a bit too fast, so I'm backing up a little bit and letting Shadow own my room for a few days while everyone can sniff under the door.

Shadow needs some time to adjust and Beeper needs to not be disputing who owns the bedroom.

1 comment:

  1. The last cat that was introduced into our home was about 8 months ago and we kept the old cats from new for about a month and a half. Yeah, dual restrooms was not easy to manage, but my adult daughter was resolute. Even allowing them time together was constantly monitored and the 2nd hiss from any cat was grounds for removing the new one.

    Now, they are integrated. Starting out as four, the older passed away about three weeks ago (17 yrs) and the three are getting along 'mostly'. The new kitten is now the middle sized cat about 12 lbs now. Alex the only Tom is a lean but still weighs about 17 lbs. All of them are spayed and neutered. All of them have their own habits and it becomes fun and frustrating dealing with all of their personalities. Still two cat boxes, all three use them both.

    I hope Shadow becomes more accepted soon.

    jrg

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.