15 November 2023

How's It Doing

I've been watching the Israeli invasion of Gaza with half an eye.

I'm not seeing many photos of troops with Tavors.

I am seeing M16/M4 variants.

Is this because of the types of units with embedded photographers or a preference for the conventional gun to the bullpup?

Is it because the Tavor isn't performing as well as the older design and it's being, quietly, relegated to second line troops?

Is it because I've just not been looking hard enough for pics of the invasion?

Dunno.

But I would like to know how the Tavor is doing.

3 comments:

  1. It might be a case that you're seeing photos/videos of reservists who are issued M16/M4s while front-line units operate the Tavor. Though it does seem strange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. video I saw of "elite" troops that engaged a few hams were also aren't with m16 style rifles...I think they use both?...I saw the US version recently came out with a new and improved tavor?... panzer guy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a former coworker who moved here from Israel. He was in the IDF and made several "excursions" into Lebanon. He said he preferred the M-4 over the Tavor because the bullpup made changing magazines more difficult for him, especially when prone.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.