Having a discussion on a GURPS forum where someone asked how we'd stat out the Santa-Barbara Sistemas 106mm M-DN11 high explosive anti-personnel round.
I posted the description of the round here.
I gave two ways of doing it.
First is to just treat it like it's an HE round and let it do 6dx7(0.5) pi++, linked 6dx3[5d+1] cr ex.
Second is to come up with a new round combining shrapnel and HE which has 1,000 1d-1 pi+ balls expanding from the detonation point with a linked 6dx3 cr ex.
Them: But what about X?
Me: I accounted for X. You forgot a lot of things figuring out the weight of the projectile and your reply to that tells me you have a reading comprehension problem.
Them: But I don't like how you did it!
Me: OK, do it how you like it. I don't think that matches the description of the round and I explained why when I gave stats for the new shrapnel HE round.
Them: But I don't like that way of doing it, what about Y? This makes new rules that do a better job of describing the shape of the pattern that I'm getting wrong because I'm not accounting for the fact that the round is traveling down range at the same time it explodes. Plus, let me compare it to a round I rejected as a model for this earlier.
Me: Don't care. I've figured it out to my liking and it even "will it GURPS" OK with Argentinian and Chilean usage.
Them: But you didn't answer about Y!
Me: Not going to. I explained my reasoning, said I was happy with what I came up with, and didn't need to write new rules. There's no need for Y now that I'm done.
The thing that ticks me off the most about this is Chile and Argentina appear to be the only customers for this Spanish designed and made, German type designated round. It's just not going to come up in anything I'm going to be playing.
The whole rest of the world is using clones of the US designs.
They must work at (redacted).
ReplyDeleteI swear, almost every other day I write something in an email or Teams message that someone doesn't read or understand, and they do the same thing. "I want other untrue thing to be true! Wah!" or "I want the equipment to do this thing it was never designed to or can do! Wah!"
Further rant redacted. Sorry, don't mean to go off topic.