12 September 2016

Twitch

Intellectually, I am fully aware that my guns can remain uncleaned for a long while without harming them a bit.

Intellectually, I know that excessive cleaning is worse than letting them get and stay filthy.

Emotionally I cannot leave them dirty for long because there's a Drill Sergeant hiding somewhere just waiting to make me do push-ups until HE'S tired.

Two passes with a bore-snake isn't excessive, I don't think.  Nor is a wipe down with solvent and a soft cloth on the bolt.

I'll just have to risk the push-ups for not being able to pass a white-glove inspection... but I can't leave them completely filthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.