17 November 2016

Regional Party

I've read a couple places that the Democrat party is being slowly reduced to a rump regional party.

Something to bear in mind is there's a metric fuck-tonne of people in those regions.

I'd hate, in victory, disenfranchise them as fully as they would disenfranchise me.

'Tis best if the Feral Federal Government were stripped of it's extraconstitutional power so that neither side can exert ruinous effect from afar on the other.

They wish to be ruinous locally, they can have at it.  I think the founders were OK with that.

My only caveat would be that they have to adhere to their own regional constitutional limitations and to be aware that the 14th Amendment does force the Bill of Rights down everyone's throat, not just the Feds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.