21 November 2019

Have To Win

I have to win a Galil ARM JRA Gallant from Classic because a) I cannot afford one and b) they are out of stock.  The ATI version is also out of stock at Brownell's.

I've wanted, and could never afford, a Galil way back to my Top Secret days.  I even tried to turn a Mini-14 into the functional equivalent of one.

I've made a couple of Twilight: 2000 characters who've been equipped with one.  Bigger magazine and the generous encumbrance system made it a no-brainer.  There's just no down side to the 50 round magazine in T2K.

GURPS is more serious about the problems with the Galil's 50-rounder in that it adds to the Bulk stat.  The excessive gravitational attraction is also better modeled.

In both GURPS and real life, you start looking hard at what you get in relation to an FAL because you're not saving an ounce of weight.  Essentially it's an FAL with more shots that do less damage and don't reach out as far.

That doesn't change wanting one for a range toy.

I hesitate to give a link to the contest because the fewer people who enter, the better my chances.  That link, should you enter, also improves my chances...

3 comments:

  1. Hey Angus;

    I remembered reading about the Galil back in the early 1980's. Supposedly the best features of the AK and uses M-16 magazines. And Yes I entered the contest :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It uses its own, proprietary, 35-round magazine; but there are adapters for M16 mags available.

      Delete
  2. I still have my modified Mini-14. One reason I keep it is that it has every single enumerated "evil" feature that Diane Feinstein hated so much back in 1994. Folding stock, flash suppressor, bayonette lug, vented handguard, pistol grip, "large" detachable magazines. And yet somehow I've resisted that supposed irresistable urge to commit mayhem with it. For the whole 10 years of the AWB and more than 10 years since it was allowed to sunset. I'm sure Bill Ruger is rolling in his grave. Thankfully Ruger's current management seems a little more reasonable.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.